Initial mandatory fees (application and tuition fees) can only be paid through a wire-transfer in any currency as it will automatically convert into KRW when being deposited. All initial mandatory fees must be paid before arrival! Any small surplus or owed funds due to the exchange rate can be settled upon arrival, however, a payment must be made before arrival. Please note that your payment confirms your enrolment for the courses and preference of housing you indicated in your application.
Optional arrival fees (field trip and housing fees) can only be paid through cash with your invoice which you will receive at the opening ceremony and must be paid upon arrival. Right outside of the on-campus Shinhan bank, cash can be withdrawn from ATMs which accepts global cards (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Cirrus, Plus, JCB).
There is a late fee of 100,000 KRW (increasing in 100,000 KRW increments each week) when initial mandatory fees are not paid before the deadline.
Session 1 Fees
|Initial Mandatory Fees||Optional Arrival Fees|
|Detail||Application Fee (Non-refundable)||Tuition Fee*
(# of courses)
|Housing Fee*||Field Trip Fees*|
|Single||Double||Official Field Trip (x4)||Pop-Up Temple Stay Class Trip*|
|Deadline||May 13 (Wed)||June 27 (Thu) TBD|
* Only fee-paying visiting students may opt to choose the number of courses. All exchange students and scholarship recipients must take two or more courses. After the deadline of the the online application (May 13, 2020), EISC students cannot change the number of courses registered.
* The field trip fee is a flat fee that only exchange students need to pay. Tuition-paying visiting students are waived and exempted from the field trip fee. A flat fee means that the fee will not change whether a student attends only one field trip or all the field trips. The field trip fee covers the admission fees and tour bus fees of the official trips.
* Both tuition-paying visiting students and exchange students must pay the Pop-Up Temple Stay field trip fee if they wish to participate. To sign-up, please email email@example.com with your ISS ID#, First Name, Last Name, and Email. Because the pop-up temple stay class trip has a maximum student capacity of approximately 30 students, spots will be allocated via a first-come-first-served basis.
- The non-refundable application fee 100,000 KRW should be paid with the submission of the application.
- You must pay for the mandatory fees (application and tuition fee) before coming to Korea to secure your participation for 2019 EISC.
- Late initial mandatory payments will be subjected to a late fee of 100,000 KRW which rises in increments of 100,000 KRW each week.
Session 2 Fees
|Initial Mandatory Fees||Mandatory Arrival Fee||Optional Arrival Fee|
|Detail||Application Fee (Non-refundable)||Tuition Fee||Field Trip Fee*||Housing Fee|
|Deadline||June 26 (Fri)||Aug 7 (Wed) TBD|
Wire Transfer Information
Students may send a wire-transfer in any currency. The wire-transfer will automatically calculate the exchange rate of the day.
The sending party of the wire-transfer must be identical to the applicant’s name to track down the payment.
|Bank||Shinhan Bank (Ewha Branch), Seoul, Korea|
|Account Holder||Ewha Womans University|
|Bank Swift Code||SHBKKRSE|
- Please pay any field trip fees in cash at an on-campus Shinhan Bank upon arrival at Ewha.
- Personal checks or credit cards will not be accepted.
- There will be a 50,000 KRW penalty fee for any late submission of fees.