2022 EISC Session 2 Program Schedule
|8 (Mon)||Dormitory Check-in|
|9 (Tue)||Welcoming Ceremony & Orientation|
|10 (Wed) - 23(Tue)||Korean Language Class and Cultural Activities|
|12(Fri) - 13(Sat)||2 Days & 1 Night trip to Gyeongju|
|15(Mon)||Korean National Holiday|
※ Cultural Activities schedule is subject to change.
※ Special Lectures on Korean Studies are available throughout the program period.
2022 EISC Session 2 Program Format
|Introductory Korean Studies||Korean Language Class
|Mon-Thu 9:00AM-11:30AM KST||Ewha Womans University
• Basic: TBA
• Intermediate: TBA
• Advanced: TBA
• High Advanced: TBA
• The Delicacy of Korean Cuisine
• Gender Equality in Korea: Key Issues and Challenges
• Korean Economy
• Korean Music and Korean Instrument
• The Birth of Korean Pop: a brief history of Korean pop music
• Understanding Korean culture through Korean Language
• Daily Life in Korea/日常生活から見た韓国
• Similar but different language cultures of Japan and Korea
|Ewha Womans University||
• Bokyung Park(Nutritional Science & Food Management)
• Jisun Song(Institute for Development and Human Security)
• Seiwan Kim(Department of Economics)
• Eun Ah Kwak(Department of Korean Music)
• Kyong-Mi Kwon(Global Korean Studies, Scranton College)
• Minjeong Kim(Korean Studies in International Studies)
• Young Bin Song(Department of Teaching Japanese to Speakers of Other Languages/East Asian Studies)
• Honda Miho(Department of Teaching Japanese to Speakers of Other Languages)
|HYBE Insight, Lotte Tower, Gyeongbokgung Palace||TBA||
• Upon completion of 2022 EISC Session 2 Introductory Korean Studies course, students shall be issued 3 credits.
Attendance and participation will be comprehensively taken into account for the Pass or Fail evaluation. The course will be graded on a Pass/Fail scale. Any student who misses 1/3 or more of the class hours (equivalent to 15 hours or more) will automatically fail the course.
※ Credit Transfer
Although most institutions outside of Korea accept credits earned at Ewha, students are recommended to
check with an academic advisor at their home institution before applying.