Recruitment Notice for Visiting Professors
for Ewha Online International Summer College
1. A person who does not come under the disqualifications to be assigned as a part time faculty according to domestic laws including Educational Officials Act, Private School Act and regulations of Ewha Womans University
2. A person who is a university graduate or equivalent with at least 4 years of research performance and teaching experience
3. A person who has not reached the age of retirement according to regulations of Ewha Womans University (under the age of 70 years as of May 1, 2021)
4. A person who satisfies each open position’s specific requirements (if any) in addition to the above mentioned qualifications
① A person who is currently a full-time faculty member of domestic or foreign universities AND
② is working as an assistant professor or above
Eligibility of an Assistant professor
① Ph.D. recipient
② Education(teaching) experience, research experience, and practical experience related to courses for more than two years after obtaining a Master’s degree
③ Education(teaching) experience, research experience, and practical experience related to courses for more than four years after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree
◈ Required Documents
① Application Form
Please refer to the attached form. “EISC Application Form”
※ Exact start/ end date (YYYY/MM/DD) of education required
② Copy of Final Degree Certificate
③ Proof of Employment
Proof of current employment status as a full-time faculty member of domestic or foreign universities
④ Syllabus for desired courses
Please refer to the attached form. “EISC Syllabus Template”
◈ Application Procedure
1. Integrated evaluation: a comprehensive assessment on the applicant’s suitability for the major field of study, academic excellence and teaching ability
2. Successful candidate announcement: April 5, 2021 (tentative)
※ The successful applicant will be individually notified. Applicants may be asked to submit additional documents if needed.
◈ How to Apply
1. Period: March 19, 2021 – March 28, 2021
2. Method: via email – Please send us an email at (email@example.com) with required documents attached, with a title “[2021 EISC faculty]_your name”.
◈ Conditions for Appointment
1. Contract Period: 1-year (May 1, 2021 – April 30, 2022)
※ Teaching Period (Program dates): June 28, 2021 – July 23, 2021
※ Although the actual teaching period is for about a month, the contract period has to be designated as a 1-year period due to the “Revised Act of Higher Education Law” being enforced as of September 2019.
※ A visiting professor may teach up to two courses as the maximum
※ Not eligible to be appointed if exceeding the age of 70 years as of May 1, 2021.
2. Course title and the number of courses that one lecturer takes charge may change after the successful candidate is nominated, due to circumstantial matters including Office of International Affairs’ operational causes, the student registration state, etc.
1. ALL required documents must be submitted within the application deadline via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. A false entry in the application form, forgery of documents, failure to satisfy employment qualifications may result in the elimination of a successful candidate even after nomination.
3. Some positions may remain unoccupied in case of a lack of eligible candidates.
[files attached] 1. EISC Application Form
2. EISC Syllabus Template
3. Course List